Important Features of LDPC Meetings and Ways to Contribute
LDPC meetings provide an optimal forum where local stakeholders can share information and perspectives while working together on all damage prevention issues.
In promoting a spirit of shared responsibility, LDPCs welcome all who would like to be a part of damage prevention solutions, from industry leaders to stakeholders, including contractors, utility operators, pipeline operators, municipalities, utility locators, excavators, engineers, and other industry-focused individuals.
• To facilitate communication, cooperation, and coordination among all industry stakeholders in the prevention of underground utility damages.
• To heighten stakeholder awareness of the requirements of the Virginia Underground Utility Damage Prevention Act.
• To promote safe digging best practices.
• To sponsor, promote and participate in education and training programs related to the prevention of damage to facilities to increase public safety and environmental protection by including the four steps of Virginia’s Dig with CARE message.
• To establish and maintain relationships with related interest groups.
This is your opportunity to share information relative to your business concerns in your local area, whether it’s providing details of a current or upcoming major project, damage prevention, or networking with peers.
Suggest Meeting Topics and Speakers
Reach out to the organizers of your LDPC if you have a topic you’d like to see discussed or information you’d like to learn more about.
Volunteer to Co-Chair
Many local meetings have lost key organizers and need individuals to organize meetings. Please contact Brian Morehouse if you are interested in assisting your area LDPC.
Host a Meeting
If you have a facility that accommodates these meetings and are interested in hosting an event, please reach out to Brian Morehouse and let him know that you can accommodate a future meeting.
Be a Breakfast or Lunch Sponsor
Having dedicated breakfast and lunch sponsors for our meetings is crucial for creating a positive and engaging environment, and ensuring that meetings are always well-fueled and enjoyable!
Virginia LDPC Meetings by Region
Virginia’s Local Damage Prevention Committee (LDPC) meetings are organized into 18 regions across the state. There is also a virtual meeting conducted in Spanish that is accessible to all regions. These meetings generally start between 8 AM and 1 PM and typically last between 1 to 2 1/2 hours.
If you have questions about LDPC meetings or if we can assist in any way with meetings in your region, please contact:
Brian Morehouse | [email protected] | 336.482.6890
SOUTHWEST VA REGION 3
SOUTHWEST VA REGION 7
VIRTUAL SPANISH LDPC MEETING